The annual meeting of the Whitefield Volunteer Fire Department will be held at the fire station, located at 4000 US Highway 29 North, on Thursday, January 25 at 7:00 PM. The purpose of this meeting is to elect board members for 2018. All residents of the Whitefield fire district are urged to attend.
On December 31, Broadway and Whitefield firefighters were dispatched to a residential structure fire along US 29 N. Firefighters arrived on scene within minutes and knocked down the fire as it entered the attic space. One firefighter received a minor injury and was transported to a local hospital for observation.
Units responding: Tanker 8, Engine 8 and Engine 22
On December 26, Whitefield firefighters assisted Cheddar Fire Department on a traffic accident involving an overturned fuel tanker. Firefighters stood-by as a precaution while fuel was transferred to another vehicle and the trailer was removed from the scene.
Responding fire departments included Cheddar FD, Friendship FD, Rock Springs FD, Belton FD, Whitefield FD, West Pelzer FD, and Anderson County Hazardous Materials Team.
On December 16, Whitefield firefighters were called to assist Broadway Fire Department with a residential structure fire on Snow Rd. Firefighters brought the fire under control within a few minutes of arrival. No injuries were reported.
Responding units: Tanker 8, Engine 22, Tanker 22
As you “fall back” this weekend, please remember to change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Working smoke detectors save lives! If you are a resident of our community in need of a working smoke detector, please contact us.
On October 8, Whitefield, Piercetown and West Pelzer firefighters were dispatched to a residential structure fire on Cromer Rd. Firefighters quickly contained the fire that was showing through the roof upon arrival.
Responding Units: Engine 22, Engine 22-1, Tanker 22, Engine 13, Tanker 13, Engine 6-1 and Rescue 6.
On August 6, Whitefield firefighters responded to a two-car collision at the intersection of Breazeale Rd and Mitchell Rd. Multiple victims were transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. Firefighters stood by as a precaution until the natural gas provider could inspect a standpipe that was damaged.